In this age of fast-growing trends, innovation, and technological advancement, it is almost impossible to put anything on hold, even our wanderlust. However, the world has been on hold for a while now due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the social distancing rules.
Regardless, this cannot stop you from exploring the world. Almost every country has an online library guide or a virtual tour to explore the scenery, culture, wonder, and aesthetics of their country.
Grab a chilled bottle of drink or a hot cup of cocoa if that does because we’re about to go on virtual tourism. A quick one, in case we decide to make a stop at the north pole. Grab a coat! Ready? Here we go!
- PARIS: Do you want to quench that wanderlust? Let’s start with a trip to the City of LOVE. Pour yourself a glass of wine and let’s go to Paris in France. Afterwards, we take a detour to admire the city’s art and culture, including the mesmerizing view of the Eiffel tower.
- LONDON: The Capital city of one of the prominent and favorite countries in the world is mostly on everyone’s wish list. It is a country rich in culture, art, and beauty and has many things to offer. Every city has famous sights, fancy houses, and parks. The country has famous views to choose from – Buckingham Palace, the British Museum, the National Gallery, The Tower of London, and many more.
- ROME: Of all the cities in the world, Rome stands out from them all. The ancient and everlasting city is the one with the highest amount of tourist attraction in the world. It is known to attract tourists from different nations of the world. Some of the best sights in Rome include the Colosseum, Vatican Museum, and Sistine Chapel, to mention a few.
Image from Unsplash.com
- NEW YORK: The famous city dubbed “the city that never sleeps” is the place to be during the festive season. The new year countdown, Christmas Day, and other festive seasons are times when the Epicenter of the United States is always bustling excessively. Some of the best sights in NY are Times Square, Wall Street, Coney Island, and many more. NY is also famous for its artistic buildings and nature parks like Central Parks and Metropolitan Art Museum. The city isn’t called the “Big Apple” for nothing. It’s no wonder everyone wants to take a bite.
- AMSTERDAM: Ever heard of the place called the Dam Square? Yes, you heard right – the Dam Square! It is known for its famous sights and museums. Amsterdam has the most beautiful canals, artistic decors by famous artists, and city streets worth exploring.
- THE GREAT WALL: The Great Wall of China is one of the most incredible tourist views and landmarks because you can identify it from space. It is a prestigious landmark that gives you the feel of being home while away from home.
- MACHU PICCHU: Machu Picchu is one of Latin America’s favorite Landmarks and a famous wonder of the world. It is located in Peru, and it’s one of the most beautiful sights you need to see up close.
- US NATIONAL PARKS: The diversity and dynamism of the US national parks need to be studied. The ambiance and serenity are one of a kind. Parks like Yosemite Park, Crater Lake Park, and Yellowstone are among the best places to be in the United States.
- TAJ MAHAL: Often called the UNESCO Heritage Building site – the Taj Mahal is a beauty to behold. It’s a destination always pulling the crowd towards itself at a different time of the year. The Taj Mahal is rich in beauty and art, from the walkway to the interior areas of the building.
- GREAT PYRAMIDS OF EGYPT: The Great Pyramids of Egypt, known as one of the world’s wonders, also tops the virtual tour wishlist. It is arguably the most iconic landmark in Egypt. The country also has other beautiful places you can take a detour to. They include the tomb of Meresankh III, Ben Ezra Synagogue, and the Red Monastery.
How can you explore these places virtually?
While it is not the same to see these places in person, some of these places can be toured virtually through online images, videos, and 360o virtual tours that allow you to go into these tourist attractions’ interior parts and corners.
Recently, Google partnered with thousands of museums to upload their artworks in high-resolution pictures and videos and take people on a virtual tour guide. All of the beautiful places listed earlier offer virtual tours. So, what are the ways to explore them virtually?
1. Through Digital and Virtual Tour Guides
Websites and virtual guides such as Window Swap transport you from your chair or bed to the deep ocean where you can swim with the whales and dolphins, walk side by side with the pride of lions, or even go as far as locating a shipwreck in the deepest part of the ocean.
You can go from witnessing the sunrise on the Brooklyn bridge to standing on the pyramids of Egypt to viewing the rain-soaked digital wall of China or viewing the sunset in the Himalayas Mountains.
Virtual tours offer 360o views that allow you to spin around to see everything from every angle. You can tour every beautiful city and view the world using virtual/digital tour guides.
2. BOOKS & MOVIES
There are great reads that can feed your wanderlust and transport you from the corner of your room to beautiful destinations.
Another fantastic way to virtually travel the world is through movies or TV shows. Some of the best online streaming services such as Hulu, HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ are packed with shows, documentaries, movies, nature walks, and city biographies that allow you to see the world right there in your room. A pro tip is to download a VPN to change your virtual location. This way you can make the most out of your streaming subscriptions as you can access content available in other regions as well.
3. Google Earth Tour Guide
One of the best applications to pull off a virtual tour feat is Google Earth. You can use the application to get information about different places in the world and use it as a tour guide from the comfort of your home. The app allows you to take virtual walks on the streets of your favorite cities.
Do you feel stuck at home? Need some real-time adventure? Call a couple of friends who feel the same and would love to go on a virtual tour and enjoy an unforgettable virtual trip by going into the deep archives of Google Earth. There’s so many options to pick from nature, culture, history, landmarks, and street views. The best part is, it is free.
Being stuck in your hometown might be frustrating. Fortunately, we now have the option to explore the world virtually. Follow the tips above and enjoy your trip!
The post Take a Virtual Tour of the World from the Comfort of Your Home appeared first on Places in Pixel.